Friday, September 18, 2009

The Solano Stroll



I was looking forward to the Solano Stroll all week because I knew I would see lots of friends, old and new!  I was not mistaken!  This street festival is such a huge community gathering for Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, even Oakland and the street was absolutely flooded with people.  I got to see my old Mills College friend - Anna Ishida, my Early Music friends - David and Hanneke, my piano student - Aidan and his mom Kimberly, my Operadance CO dancer - Juliet and her family, my musical director friend - Shanti and her husband Lachu, and the list goes on.  On top of running into old dear friends, I met so many new people and shared lots of stories and great conversations!

As you can see by how Tyler enthusiastically grabbed a front row seat for the parade, that part of the festival was awesome.  The parade was filled with performers that truly represented the rich culture of the East Bay.  



My original Swirly Water Dragon that I painted special for the Millbrae Art & Wine Festival now has a new home with another Kimberly, who is the mom of one of my past piano students.  Yay!!!

I am so excited about how my art shows are going that I am adding several more to my 2009 schedule.  The next show, newly added, is:

WALNUT CREEK : 63rd Semi-Annual Arts and Crafts Fall Sidewalk Fair 
North Main, Cypress, and Locust Streets    (map)
10am-6pm Fri/Sat · 10am-5pm Sun
September 25·26·27




No comments:

Post a Comment