Monday, October 5, 2009

Tales from the Sacramento Arts Festival 2009




Sacramento Arts Festival




Monday morning following a great art show is always a mixture of satisfaction and exhaustion!  

Warren Cook organized an excellent festival at the Sacramento Convention Center last weekend and I am so happy to have been a part of it!  The attendance was up from last year (actually the highest attendance in 8 years!) and the people were lots of fun to talk with and share my work with.  Since I am new to the Sacramento Area, I now have a very good feeling about that part of Northern California and definitely plan on going back.  Good thing is it only took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get home last night!

The people of Sacramento are very diverse - I met people from all over the world - China, Krygyzstan, England, Australia, Oakland (ha ha ha)... And had fun figuring out everyones' Chinese Zodiac Animals and Elements.  Plus, my very first FU DOG went home with a lovely couple who had recently visited China.

I am very inspired to continue creating my 5 Elements Chinese Zodiac Series!  All 12 Animals with their 5 Elements.

I wasn't convinced about indoor shows until now.  The controlled environment was a relief after getting heatstroke in Walnut Creek two weekends ago!  Plus, our neighbors are now great friends who I'm sure we will cross paths with again.  Candace and TJ Ashment from Idaho kept the days from feeling too long with their great humor and storytelling!  They are the same age as Tyler and I and we had so much in common!  As the artists, Candace and I joked about the guys being the muscle behind the operation.   Here's Candace at work putting some color into her beautiful block prints.














Meanwhile... at home Wiki was playing with her girlfriends, lucky dog!



No comments:

Post a Comment