Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kids, Dogs, Art & Wine in San Carlos



This young man really got into the spirit of fall at the San Carlos Art & Wine Festival last weekend!  He was not only feeling the spirit of fall, but also the powerful spirit of the Fire Dragon, which he brought home with him that day!  I was especially lucky when he sang a song he knew in Mandoran which totally blew me away!  My desire to learn Chinese is increasing all the time.  Now I just have to decide if I should take a course or take a trip to China - probably both!

The streets were filled with the most stylish dogfriends I ever saw at an art show!  It was definitely entertaining watching the dog parade.  I painted a Tibetan Spaniel after seeing one at the Solano Stroll.  The funny thing is it actually looks a lot like our family's puggle, Brandy.  Subliminal appearance of my sweet old dog!



I am so happy when people enjoy the characters that come to life in my paintings.  I had several exciting conversations with children's book authors and enthusiasts and am imagining how fun it would be to illustrate childrens books.  

Well, it's a nice thought knowing that after this coming weekend's show in Menlo Park, I'll have about a month to develop more ideas and paintings.

Menlo Park 

Menlo Park, CA 
13th Annual Sidewalk Arts & Crafts Fall Fest

October 16·17·18 
Location: 
Santa Cruz Avenue at El Camino Real 
Menlo Park, CA 
Admission: FREE 
10am-5pm 
http://www.pacificfinearts.com/schedule.htm


Come see me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment